When you look in the mirror and smile, are you happy with what you see? Do you think your smile looks bright and attractive?
If you have a malocclusion—crooked, irregular teeth or an overbite or underbite—you may have thought about getting braces to correct the condition. While there are clear braces and virtually invisible braces and aligners, but the thought of multiple trips to the dentist and having to wear them for more than year may have made you hold off.
The good news is that, with the latest technology, it may not take nearly that long nor be as expensive as you imagined. At Hillock Family Dentistry, we offer our patients the most advanced treatments and systems, including the innovative “Six Month Smiles.”
What is the Benefit of Six Month Smiles?
With the Six Month Smiles program, it requires only half the time to correct irregularities in the cosmetic zone, while being far more aesthetically pleasing than traditional systems of braces and aligners.
They are comprised of clear brackets and tooth-colored wires, so they are fairly discreet. Additionally, the special patented wires move teeth faster than traditional braces or aligners, like Invisalign.
Hillock Family Dental provides Six Month Smiles in Modesto, so if you are local and need a quick and effective treatment, this might be right for you.
Who is a candidate for Six Month Styles?
You are a candidate for the Six Month Style system if:
- Your teeth have stopped growing. This usually takes place between the ages of 15 and 17. This is, in fact, the recommended age for any type of braces or aligners. If your teeth have not stopped growing, there are generally too many variables to deal with, and the outcome is less certain. Of course, if a malocclusion is severe in childhood and causing problems breathing or chewing or speaking, it can be addressed earlier./li>
- The malocclusion is not too severe. Six months is ample time to correct certain irregularities, but not all. In fact, severe cases may require metal braces, since they are the strongest and can apply the most pressure on the teeth.
What is the Procedure for Six Month Smiles?
The process for getting Six Month Smiles is as follows:
- You will meet with our dentist who will evaluate your case and determine whether you are a suitable candidate for this fast, effective system.
- If so, your practitioner will take a mold of your teeth, which will then be sent to the Six Month Smiles laboratory.
- The Six Month Smiles lab technicians will fabricate the bonding tray(s) that have been custom-made to fit your unique mouth and teeth structure.
- Your practitioner will typically receive the bonding tray(s) within two weeks
- At your next visit, the “braces” will be adhered to your teeth.
- Over the course of the next four to nine months (with the average being six months), you will have to return to your practitioner’s office each month for an adjustment to keep the process moving.
Once your teeth have reached the desired, new position, the braces are removed. Following this, you will need to wear a retainer. This is so your beautifully repositioned teeth do not relapse and return to their original position. It also keeps the teeth in position while new bone grows in around them to support the positioning. This typically takes about 10 months, but is well worth it. Your newly corrected smile becomes stable – and you do not need to wear the retainer during the day. Want straight teeth, but want it fast? Talk to us about the Six Month Smiles program – it may be your answer!