A Tooth Replacement Breakthrough
The tradition of using dentures to replace natural teeth goes back centuries. As early as 700 BC, Etruscans made dentures using teeth from animals or even humans.
By the 18th century, teeth for dentures were being made of carved ivory from walrus, elephant or hippopotamus. Modern dentures are lightyears beyond these early efforts at tooth replacement, but even so, dentures are still uncomfortable and pose problems.
The introduction of implant technology for single tooth replacement, and ongoing work to improve this procedure, opened the door to new options for those who had lost their teeth. Today, an entire upper or lower bridge (or both) can give you a healthy, natural smile, allowing you to eat anything you want without worries.
In the early days of tooth implant technology, you may have needed eight or ten implants. The All-on-4 implant dentures in Modesto is the current state-of-the-art, providing a much-less invasive option to replace a full set of teeth that look and feel incredible.
What are the Advantages of All-on-4 implants?
Perhaps you’ve been wearing dentures and you want to explore other possibilities. Or perhaps you’ve have been told that your teeth are so damaged they must be extracted, and you are feeling worried about what lies ahead.
All-on-4 implants are one of our best methods of dental implants in Modesto.
Our All-on-4 implant dentures in Modesto do offer benefits that may appeal to you:
- They can be brushed and cleaned just as you would brush and clean natural teeth.
- These teeth are permanently attached. You do not have to remove them, and you don’t have to use adhesives to keep them in place.
- The titanium posts that are surgically inserted to hold the bridge in place fuse with your bone, helping to prevent bone deterioration.
- Your bite will be strong enough for you to eat any of the foods that you enjoy.
- As compared to dentures, you will have an improved ability to taste your food and to experience sensations of hot and cold.
- Because these teeth remain in your mouth at all times, they do more to restore the appearance of your face.
Am I a Candidate?
The final answer regarding your eligibility for an All-on-Four procedure can only come after a thorough dental examination and a consultation with our experienced implant dentist, Dr. Hillock.
It’s likely that you will be eligible if the following apply to you:
- You are in good general health.
- You are missing most or all of your teeth.
- You do not smoke.
- You are not taking a medication that can interfere with healing, such as antidepressant or an osteoporosis medication.
- Your do not have significant oral health problems.
The primary reasons for considering an All-on-4 are obvious. You will regain the functional benefits of natural teeth and improve your general oral health. You will regain a healthy-looking, natural smile and the confidence and ease with others that comes with that.
There are other advantages that the All-on-4 implant dentures of Modesto provide. The procedure puts you on a fast track to a perfect smile. On the day that your implant posts are placed, you will receive a temporary set of teeth. When you have fully healed, about six months following the surgery, your permanent teeth will be placed. You will look attractive while waiting for the implants to become fully fused in the jaw structure. Cost is also a factor for many of us. If you need to replace an entire upper or lower arch, the All-on-4 procedure has cost advantages.
Talk to Us at Hillock Family Dentistry in Modesto
You may have questions or concerns about the All-on-4 procedure. Our friendly, attentive team members will work closely with you to ensure you understand exactly what to expect, including helping you sort out any financing or insurance questions – we are here to serve you and your family.
Most insurances will not cover the full cost of this procedure, but we can help you find financing if you have decided that an All-on-4 implant is the right choice for your long-term dental health and your quality of life.
We look forward to the opportunity to answer all your questions and ease any concerns you might have about this procedure. We invite you to visit us and discover the difference a truly friendly, warm environment can make in your journey to a beautiful, natural smile with All-on-4 implants.