Smiling and laughing are more than forms of recreation. Researchers have found that they have powerful, health-giving effects.
Laughing is known to:
- Lower blood pressure
- Improve mood
- Improve immune function
- Provide Stress relief
- Relieve pain
- Lead to a longer life
Do you smile and laugh without reservation, or are you so embarrassed by the appearance of your teeth that you make a habit of stopping yourself from smiling? Or worse, do you find that you stop yourself from communicating with others face-to-face because you are afraid they will notice your teeth?
You may have the idea that braces are the only treatment that will work, and you don’t want to go through the process of having braces. The solution may be simpler than you think. Dental veneers can make a huge difference for many patients. Dr. Donald Hillock, a cosmetic dentist in Modesto, can help you discover how they can change your smile.
What Are Veneers?
Over the decades, the materials and the process for bonding have continued to develop, with better materials and methods. Dr. Hillock provides some of the best and most natural looking dental veneers in Modesto, CA. Today, veneers are made of porcelain. They can be made to match natural teeth in shape and color – and they are still a “secret ingredient” in many of the most famous Hollywood smiles, and can be yours.
The Uses Of Veneers
Veneers can be applied to address a variety of cosmetic issues, for example:
- Improving symmetry: Veneers are often used to improve the symmetry of teeth, making the size and shape of teeth more regular.
- Improving tooth color: Discolored teeth can be restored to a brilliant white that gives you a picture-perfect smile.
- Repairing chipped teeth: Veneers are frequently used to cover teeth that have been chipped.
Veneers Instead Of Braces?
In some cases, veneers alone can be used to straighten teeth. This may not be possible if your teeth are very crooked. If your teeth are not functioning properly because they are out of alignment, veneers are probably not the right treatment – but can correct a surprising range of cosmetic problems.
However, if the following apply to you, veneers may be all that are needed to give you the smile you have been hoping to achieve:
- You have a healthy bite.
- Your do not have severe issues with tooth alignment.
- You would like to address a tooth (or more than one) that is set back from the other teeth in your mouth.
- The general condition of your teeth is healthy and strong.
The best way to find out how veneers can give you a brilliant, attractive smile is to schedule a consultation with Dr. Hillock. A thorough examination and a conversation regarding your goals for the appearance of your teeth will answer all of your questions about modern veneers, and whether they are right for you.
What Are The Some Of The Advantages Of Veneers?
If our cosmetic dentist feels that veneers are the perfect way to create the look you want, they have a number of advantages:
- Veneers have a long life, and last for ten to fifteen years.
- At most, local anesthetic will be used. You may not need anesthetic at all.
- If you are using veneers to straighten your teeth, you won’t wait months or years to see the results. You’ll be able to have the smile you want in just days.
- Veneers can act as a replacement for enamel that has worn down or eaten away by acidic food or drink.
Creating The Smile You Want
As with any cosmetic dentistry procedure, your path to treatment begins by discussing the smile you want with the dentist. When you come in for your consultation for porcelain veneers in Modesto, we take all the time you need to explain the options and what to expect. We don’t rush our patients – we treat them as part of our family.
Techniques such as computer simulation or wax models can help you achieve a truly beautiful smile. Once you and the dentist have agreed about what is to be done, a model of your tooth will be made. We offer the most advanced systems available to help our patients achieve their cosmetic goals with veneers – and the results will make you want to share your smile, at last!
In some cases, the dentist may remove a small amount of enamel from your tooth to create custom veneers. You don’t want your newly restored teeth to have an unnaturally bulky appearance once the veneer is in place. The model is sent to our dental lab, where the veneers are custom made to fit your teeth. You may have a temporary acrylic veneer while you are waiting for the porcelain veneers to be created for you.
Once they arrive, which is normally within a week or two, the temporary veneers will be removed, and your custom veneers will be attached. Want a picture-ready smile? We can help!
Hillock Family Dental
1908 Coffee Rd.
Modesto, CA 95355